Friday, March 25, 2011

throw out 50 things :: items 7 - 10

I'll be brutally honest: Going through boxes and cupboards in hoarder's heaven the garage, stresses me out. There are so many things that we don't use --that I want to get rid of-- but I'm worried we might need it or want it down the road.

I didn't find many items to get rid of this week, but I think that's due to my frazzled state of mind. Thank you, by the way, for all your encouraging words in the comments section.

Item #7
sheepskin for a stroller
-- gave to my mom (for future grandkids)







Item #8
Bag of random stuff
--dropped off at thrift shop








Item #9
Forgotten Halloween candy
--if they don't remember it, they don't need it!






Item #10
armrests from 4's carseat
--threw in trash









That wraps it up for this week. However, during this next week, I'm going to start gathering things for a (future) garage sale.

Feel free to join the Throw Out 50 Things Challenge. Leave a note in the comments section, and tell me what you got rid of... or link to your post!

3 comments:

  1. Still, it sounds like you are making progress. As for being afraid you'll need something down the road, I hear you. However, when I was in the process of packing up my old house, I found a bunch of stuff that I was "saving for someday". Well, I didn't even know I had it, so what good would that have done me for the someday when I might have needed it? It went to Goodwill. All of it. When I move out of this house, I'll probably find a similar stash. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspired by your quest, I've also done some spring cleaning myself. I worked on our entrance hallway closet, changed winter for spring and went through all my shoes (I have tons! from when I was single and happy to indulge in retail therapy) and decide to donate about 10 pairs of gently used shoes. Someone is going to get really lucky. Or maybe a few someone(s) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen! I think we are existing on a similar wavelength. We just did a major purge! Feels good :)

    Doesn't it make you feel unburdened?! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...