Thursday, January 27, 2011

mood board :: a little boy's room



My first attempt at creating a mood board, via Polyvore.


The funny irritating thing about Polyvore is that you are limited in which images you can use. Therefore, I had to fudge the orange striped walls and the bunk beds.

Other things envisioned for 7's room:
  • grey-ish bedding
  • insect posters
  • mini vintage globes
  • a large chalkboard or magnetic board
  • legos strewn about the room!!
  • a big graphic G
  • a solar system mobile -- 7 and I have plans to make one


p.s. 7 has picked all of the above for his room. And this mom approves.

3 comments:

  1. Your mood board looks great, the concept for 7's room is coming along. Love the bunk beds, are you building those? I just found this website for moodboards and have played on it a little. I don't know if it would provide anymore flexibility. http://www.olioboard.com. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried playing around with Polyvore too and same complaint.

    The room looks FAB! I understand what you mean only the color looks really cool online. I'm sure you just have to let it settle in and you will get used to it. I LOVE the blue against the orange that is awesome and the idea of gray also would be a great contrast.

    Have you looked at the boy's rooms on Serena & Lily? I love the framed letter over the bed in one of the rooms...just a funky thrifted big frame and you could paint it and then frame the letter. I am totally doing that once Baby REOlistic gets his big boy room. :) Even though that won't be for a while...

    We actually went for a bonded leather couch because we learned it just WIPES clean which having a baby boy and big kid(husband) around I thought sounded like a wonderful idea. It looks like regular leather only it is so easy to keep up. Except it does tend to scratch which is annoying I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ elizabeth~
    My husband is going to build a loft bed in each of the kids' rooms. Thanks so much for the link to olioboard. I didn't get a chance to play with it yet, but I will soon. I hope it's more flexible than polyvore.

    @ heather~
    I had never heard of Serena & Lily until you mentioned them. There are some cool inspiration rooms there -- thanks.

    ReplyDelete

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...